STUDIES HAVE IDENTIFIED THAT THERE ARE A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE AGED 60 YEARS AND OVER THAT ARE LIVING WITH CANCER IN NORTH BELFAST. MANY HAVE REAL CONCERNS WHICH ARE NOT BEING ADDRESSED.
THE ACTIVE LIVES AFTER CANCER PROJECT AIMS TO SUPPORT ISOLATED PEOPLE (AGED 60+) FROM NORTH BELFAST WHO ARE AFFECTED BY CANCER, THROUGH A TARGETED, AGE SPECFIC SUPPORT PROGRAMME.
Support services include:
- Short term befriending visits
- Complementary Therapies (in-house and outreach in the home)
- Counselling (in-house or via telephone)
- Group health & wellbeing events
- Annual get-togethers
- Transport to and from Cancer Lifeline (where necessary)
Tina / Lisa on: 02890351999